Visit COUNTER restaurant, where you will find a beautiful Victorian mahogany cabinet (left) filled with fabulous and desirable glass and ceramics for sale. Browse and buy at your leisure, possibly accompanied by a coffee, something sparkling, or a delicious meal. The current range on display for sale includes mid-century modern Czech glass, other European glass from Murano and Scandinavia, and a selection of mid-century modern Italian ceramics. There’s also a selling exhibition of unique Art Deco gouache paintings in the gallery corridor. Prices range from £80 upwards.
COUNTER is located in a railway arch under a minute’s walk from Vauxhall’s railway, tube and bus stations. Vauxhall underground station is on the Victoria Line, 10 minutes from Oxford Circus.
Over the next few weeks I will be adding all my available stock to this website where you can browse and buy at your leisure, wherever you are based, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you would like to view a piece at COUNTER or in another central London location prior to buying it, this is easily arranged – please contact me on +44 (0) 7798 915474 or by emailing me via the contact form here to make an appointment. This isn’t as scary as it sounds and there’s no obligation to buy. I’ll look forward to meeting you.
To receive for regular updates and newsletters with information about glass and ceramics for sale, please subscribe to my newsletter using the simple form below.
- Amazing, rare and desirable 1950s-80s Czech, German, Italian British and American glass by great designers including Pavel Hlava, Ladislav Oliva, Karel Wünsch, Emanuel Beranek, Josef Svarc and others.
- A range of unusual, sometimes unique, glass with fascinating stories.
- An unparalleled selection of cut glass designed by Vladimir Zahour.
- Selected mid-century modern Italian pottery by Bitossi and others, and West German ‘Fat Lava’ pottery.
- All of my own books that are currently in print, plus selected books from Miller’s.