I am delighted to have opened a shop at The Pantiles Arcade in The Pantiles, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent. Housed in an elegant Georgian building built in 1801, my shop is on the right hand side as soon as you enter the building. Come down and visit!
You’ll find a superb, brightly-lit and colourful display of fine midcentury modern glass design, focusing on high quality postwar Czech glass by designers including Emanuel Beranek, Pavel Hlava, Ladislav Oliva, Frantisek Vizner and others. Producers include Skrdlovice, Novy Bor, Chribska, and a host of companies and glass studios across Europe including those on Murano. I also hold a stock of unique British and European studio glass dating from the 1960s-80s. Keeping the variety and interest going, you’ll also find a selection of quirky curiosities from across history that have caught my eye and mind (and maybe made me smile!) as I have travelled across the globe – everything from a miniature shirt collar souvenir from the 1911 Brussels International Expo to an antique human skull!
My shop is very much a reflection of what makes me tick, and what I love. My job is my passion and, as a dealer, my stock is my passion.
Prices range from £80 upwards, with plenty to find in the £150-600 price range.
Currently, my books are NOT stocked there – please click here to buy one.
I won’t be there all the time as it’s a fully staffed antiques centre. So, if you want to meet me, please contact me well in advance to see when I am next there.
What else can I see there?
Spread across a light, airy and well-appointed building, you’ll also find a group of specially selected dealers known for their expertise, experience and high quality of stock. These include:
- Eric Knowles – The BBC Antiques Roadshow legend – fine Art Nouveau & Art Deco art glass and ceramics, from Gallé to Daum, Lalique and more.
- Jeroen Markies Art Deco – Fine Art Deco furniture and furnishings, including Epstein.
- Hickmet Fine Arts – A stunning selection of fine decorative arts from the Art Nouveau & Art Deco periods, including Chiparus sculptures.
- Richard Price – Fine 18th, 19th & 20th century clocks and watches from the well-known BBC Antiques Roadshow expert.
- Scottish Antiques – Huge selections of Georgian porcelain from Meissen to Worcester, and Georgian to modern glass.
- Jacob Luc – Fine furniture and decorative accessories from the Art Nouveau & Art Deco periods onwards.
- Wilkinsons – Royal Warrant holder Wilkinsons sell the finest historic chandeliers, both antique and modern.
- Hope & Glory – A vast selection of classic and vintage toys, games and collectables to make you smile from Corgi to Dinky to tinplate and more.
The Pantiles Arcade, 49 The Lower Pantiles, The Pantiles, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN2 5TE
Click here for a Google Map.
Tel: 01892 322 777
email: click here
• Monday: Closed
• Tuesday to Saturday: 10am – 5pm
• Sunday: 10am – 4pm.
For those of you who don’t know The Pantiles, it’s a historic Georgian entertainment and shopping district that has come back to life in recent years with a myriad of restaurants, coffee shops, galleries, bars – and a lively events programme of street festivals focusing on everything from gin to Christmas. When you visit, you’ll find plenty to do – rest, relax and enjoy. I particularly recommend Hattons for coffee or lunch, and the The Tunbridge Wells Hotel for lunch or dinner, and an overnight stay. Both are just across the way under the Georgian collonades. To check out what’s going on when you plan to visit – click here.