Every now and again in Miller’s Towers, we come across names that make us smile in the course of researching our books. Here’re some we’ve found recently:
- May Doorbar, Charlotte Rhead’s housekeeper.
- Gwendoline Suckling, decorator at Poole Pottery from 1935-39.
- Thelma Bush, decorator at Poole Pottery, from 1966-68.
- Fuller Pilch, cricket batsman, known for his ‘Pilch’s Poke’ forward-batting play.
- Orval Overall, Chicago cubs pitcher, 1905-10.
My favourite has to be May Doorbar – that name paints a certain picture in my mind as a housekeeper! If you have any others, please do share.