National Antiques Week aims to promote antiques, vintage and collecting.
Over the past year, a growing number of young people have seen the value and individuality of antiques, and the thrill of the hunt, and begun to buy antiques and vintage pieces for their homes.
Furthermore, a report commissioned by the antiques trade from industry experts Carbon Clear has found that an antique chest of drawers is 16 times more eco-friendly than a modern, flatpack equivalent.
Antiques really are green!
This year you can benefit from a number of FREE special offers and events:
Enter a free competition to win:
– First Prize: An Edwardian mahogany mantel clock, courtesy of Antiques Are Green
– Second Prize: Over £200 worth of Miller’s antiques and collectables books, courtesy of Miller’s
– To enter the competition, please click here.
FREE entry to selected antiques fairs during November 2010
– To download a free ticket, please click here
– To see a list of participating fairs, please click here and select ‘November’ from the Fairs Calendar
If you own a shop or auction house, please support us by displaying the poster below
– Click here to download the high resolution, printer-friendly A3 poster
National Antiques Week is sponsored by:
The British Antiques Dealers’ Association
The Association of Art & Antiques Dealers
BBC Homes & Antiques
International Antiques & Collectors Fairs
Antiques Are Green
The Olympia Winter Fine Art & Antiques Fair
The Society of Fine Art Auctioneers
The Antiques Trade Gazette
The Thames Valley Antique Dealers’ Association
Kensington Church Street Antique Dealers’ Association
Cotswold Antique Dealers’ Association
Antiques News & Fairs
West of England Antiques Dealers’ Association